Illinois State is honored to have approximately 450 Veterans and military-connected students enrolled. The Veterans and Military Services Office helps to aid the University by providing assistance to all military-connected students at Illinois State University, including:
- Eligible Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces (Illinois residents and non-residents)
- Eligible reservists and National Guard members
- Children and spouses or survivors of Veterans either deceased or with service-connected permanent and total disabilities
- Children of service members missing in action or held as prisoners of war for more than 90 days
Specifically, the office:
- Facilitates the issuance of education benefits through the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and provides appropriate forms and information relative to military grants and scholarships made available to students through the state of Illinois
- Serves as referral to designated point-of-contact in university offices that can assist those seeking information about admissions, academic advising, financial aid counseling, disability support/student accommodations, career services, and other support services available to Veterans and military-connected students
Per Public Act 096-0133/Higher Education Veterans Services Act, the Coordinator of Veterans and Military Personnel Services at Illinois State University is Mr. Patrick McGuire and is a point of contact for referral to academic and financial advising, disability counseling and the career center.
The Survey Required by Public Act 96-0133 Under the Illinois Higher Education Veterans Service Act for July 2022 is available for review
The 2018 Annual Report on the Fiscal Impact of the Programs and Services Related to the Higher Education Veterans Service Act is available for review. Illinois State University information can be found in Appendix B of the report.